Wednesday 15 June 2016

My first flip book........

Hello and welcome to my studio. I finally got around to making a flip book. I know I know, I am so behind the rest of the crafting world! I knew I wanted to create something shabby chic so here it is.....



I will be making a video tutorial for this album to add to youtube so please stay tuned for that! The album itself is made using card stock . The papers used are all Pion from various collections. Their papers all seem to coordinate pretty well so I just used from my scraps and a recent purchase I made from a shop going out of business. I grabbed a bargain!



Please check my youtube channel to view :

The first page includes this pocket for two tags made using the Tim Holtz tag dies. In fact, all the tags in this album I made using this die. 







Lots of vintage lace and seam binding ribbons added. I love to collect vintage lace and am always looking at my local car boots ( yard sales) and thrift stores.





This tag I used on the front is my favourite of the book. If you follow me you know I am trying to master creating my own flowers. I used the pion papers and tattered angel glimmer mist to make this shabby rose which sits beautifully in the metal flower I recently bought from a not so local scrapbook store. I just love how it came out!



 This page I made two little pockets for these small tags.









The first time I have used this stamp recently purchased. Love it! The little pencil is adorable!





The centre of the album is a gusseted pocket to hold a couple of tags and some vintage lace for the recipient.


This tag offers a pocket to hold a nice tea sachet for my friend to enjoy while looking through.











I created a little book to write a little about myself for my new flip book pal.








                                             And this is the back cover. Love these papers!



 I am super excited to make more of these books. I find them much less intimidating that mini albums. Even so, I had to work up the courage to attempt my first one. I hope you have enjoyed stopping by today. Please leave comments below as I love to hear from all my visitors! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment